Friday 30 January 2009

Treadmill World Record Attempt


2009 WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT

GREATEST DISTANCE COVERED BY AN INDIVIDUAL ON A TREADMILL IN 168 HOURS (7 DAYS)

CURRENT RECORD 455.15 MILES

18th to 25th of July 2009




From the "Endurance" section of world records comes news of a forthcoming record attempt.


Lee Chamberlain writes:

I grew up in Spalding Linconshire with my Mum and Dad. My dad has always been into sport mainly Cycling and Running so I grew up taking part in sport regularly.I completed school and joined the R.E.M.E in 1995 as a Vehicle Electrician and when I was 18 I completed the physically demanding Parachute Course.I completed a tour of Bosnia before leaving the army in 2000 where I then joined Surrey Police.

In 2001 I had a near miss at work where I was nearly trapped in between two vehicles. A colleague pulled me clear and if he hadn't I believe I would have seriously injured my legs or worse.

While laid in hospital I thought about doing something different, something extreme and my initial thoughts were to run abroad in extreme conditions like in the desert or the Everest Marathon.

Being in the Police and with family life the time and money to complete this would not have been possible so as my thoughts changed I ended up with the idea of a ultra treadmill run. I search the Internet and found the world record pages and the rest they say is history......

We wish Lee well. He has some training events coming up so keep an eye out for him if you live in the south of England.

In any event, do have a look at his website.
Custom Search